The 2015 Silverstone Classic In Numbers…
The Facts along with Figures behind ‘the planet’s Biggest Classic Motor Racing Festival’
- The trend-setting Silverstone Classic celebrates its 25th anniversary in 2015. When founded in 1990 the item was the UK’s first historic motor racing festival.
- For initially inside Classic’s 25 year history, a crowd of more than 100,000 is actually expected because of This particular month’s Silver Jubilee celebration. All tickets must be purchased in advance along with pre-sales are at record highs.
- Last year’s incredible total of 1,125 race entries made the Silverstone Classic not just ‘the planet’s Biggest Classic Motor Racing Festival’ nevertheless also the largest race meeting ever staged anywhere on Earth. along with of which figure could be topped in 2015.
- The packed on-track programme features 20 races covering the full spectrum of motor sport history plus 6dramatic High-Speed Demos for 90s GTs along with F1 cars.
- The oldest car competing is actually a 1923 Bentley racing inside Kidston Trophy for Pre-War Sports Cars; the most recent a howling Super Aguri raced by Takuma Sato inside 2006 F1 World Championship. The Cosworth V10-powered projectile is actually part of the exciting fresh High-Speed Demo for Legends of Modern Formula One.
- The two FIA Masters Historic Formula One Championship races have attracted a record 44 entries via F1’s evocative 3-litre era. the item could be the planet’s biggest-ever F1 race.
- The 75th anniversary of the Battle of Britain will be commemorated with two special Trophy races for British sports, touring along with GT cars plus flypasts by the RAF Battle of Britain Memorial Flight.
- No fewer than 0 entries were received for the 58 starting places on the Guards Trophy grid.
- With more than 60 UK chart hits to their name, Saturday evening’s bill toppers Status Quo have amassed more top selling singles than any some other rock group.
- Full 800-acre Silverstone site is actually filled with family attractions along with entertainment guaranteed to excite along with inspire all ages.
- A fresh record of 10,000 privately-owned classic cars will be descending on Silverstone over the three-day festival, providing race-goers having a spectacular classic car show.
- An unprecedented total of 0 motor clubs along with groups are displaying their cherished classic cars on the in-field.
- More than 40 key motoring milestones are being celebrated with special track parades on Friday along with Saturday. products with special birthdays include: Aston Martin DB6; Bentley S1; BMW 3-Series; Borgward Isabella; Honda NSX; MGB GT; Range Rover; Toyota MR2; Mazda MX5; Nissan Skyline; Triumph TR3, TR4A along with TR7 plus the Sinclair C5. There will be no C5 circuit cavalcade, though, due to time restrictions!
- The huge 40m giant wheel on the Jet Village Green provides panoramic views over Silverstone for FREE.
- The Shopping Village has swelled to more than 150 outlets in 2015 offering retail therapy for all ages including: motoring memorabilia, vintage clothing along with accessories, toys along with products, motoring books along with literature, restoration services, art along with photography, cars along with car parts, antiques, autojumble along with so much more!
- Silverstone Auctions estimates £2.55m worth of important race cars will be going under the hammer on Thursday evening with sales totalling around £6.4m being generated via its classic car sales on Saturday along with Sunday.
- The Silverstone Classic lap record stands at 1m 46.712s – an average speed of 123mph (198kph) along with was set by French sportscar specialist Nic Minassian inside 1991 Jaguar XJR14 GpC sports-prototype in 2013.
- Television programmes with highlights via This particular year’s Silverstone Classic will screened 4 times on ITV4 – firstly at 20:00 on Sunday 12 August.
- With gates opening at 07:30 along with not closing until 23:30, the Silverstone Classic is actually serving up 43 hours of epic entertainment.
- In total, 95 trophies will be awarded to race along with class winners over the weekend. There are 2 fresh Scarf along with Googles Awards honouring event founders Stuart Graham along with Mervyn Garton, too.
All tickets for the 25th anniversary Silverstone Classic must be purchased in advance. Adult admission starts via £40 along with ticket prices include booking fees, parking, infield, grandstands, paddock access, live music – including Status Quo – along with the vast majority of the numerous attractions. Full details – together with hospitality packages along with weekend festival camping – can be found on the official website: http://ift.tt/U1WFho.
by Mr Butterscotch via Car Articles