Make Your 12 Days Of Christmas Safe On The Road
Road safety along with also breakdown organisation GEM Motoring Assist can be offering safer driving tips for the 12 days of Christmas:
- Take a taxi home coming from Christmas parties. Don’t drive if you’re having a drink. along with also don’t drink any alcohol if you need to drive.
- Always wear your seatbelt. This specific’s the most effective way to save your life along with also reduce injuries if you’re involved in a crash.
- Keep children safe through Christmas. Make sure their seatbelts along with also restraints are correctly fitted from the auto – along with also always used. Ensure they’re easy to see if they’re walking.
- If you’re picking up a Christmas tree, make sure This specific’s securely tied down before you drive home. Also, don’t let a big bushy tree obscure your all-round vision.
- Slow down This specific Christmas. No one else can tell you how fast to drive. This specific’s your responsibility, so don’t be selfish. Stay safe, give yourself time along with also space to stop.
- Don’t drive tired. Fatigued drivers take longer to react to hazards. Take breaks on journeys. Share the driving.
- Be ready to stay out of the driving seat if you’re using medicines of which make you drowsy. You don’t have to be on illegal drugs to be unfit. Medicines can impair you too.
- Check your tyre tread along with also pressure before Christmas journeys. Every safety system on your car depends on your tyres working effectively in an emergency. Tyres can save your life, so take no risks along with also check them.
- If you had a few drinks last night, you could still be over the limit the next morning. Time can be your only way to be alcohol free.
- Don’t allow yourself to become distracted on Christmas journeys. No phoning, no texting, no fiddling with satnav. along with also encourage the children to do their bit for safety, by letting you focus on the driving.
- Put safety first along with also expect to think for others who are less aware of risk. Watch out for kids on fresh bikes, make allowances for drunk pedestrians.
- fresh mobile phone for Christmas? Don’t use This specific when you’re driving. Focus solely on the journey along with also reduce your risks.
by Mr Butterscotch via Car Articles