Keeping Horse Riders as well as Cyclists Safe On Our Roads…
road safety as well as the organization of the collapse of GEM driving assist adds his voice to the safety equestrian roads, which was recently launched via the campaign by urging drivers to “think of the horse as well as rider” on the trips.
The appeal follows the news in which 36 riders were killed in road accidents during the past all 5 years.
supports GEM recently launched a campaign “dead slow” via the British Horse Society, which requires drivers to a maximum of 15mph when they meet the horse as well as his rider on the way for
comments Chairman of the Executive GEM, David Williams MBE ” the whole thing will be being willing to compromise a little bit of time as well as space for the road user who needs in which. horses as well as riders are part of a complex mix of traffic on our roads. nevertheless the horses animals live as well as can be unpredictable, despite the best efforts efforts of the most experienced rider.
“many people may not know how to pass the horse on the road. nevertheless there are some excellent resources available, including a brand new video BHS as well as private GEM safety bulletin in . Both of these provide simple tips in which can enhance driver confidence as well as lead to the road environment safer for drivers as well as horses as well as riders. Unfortunately there will be a lot of selfish drivers unwilling to slow down or create some space safety of the horse as well as rider. GEM urging them to think for a few moments on the dangers posed by – to themselves as well as to others – as well as to think again driving by deliberately too fast or too close when passing horse as well as rider “
offers GEM simple tips to drivers as well as riders, in an attempt to reduce of chaos as well as conflict on the roads:
- drivers, giving the horses room to the extent permitted road. keep in mind in which horses as well as riders may be aware of the risks in which have not seen or heard.
- look for the rider signals, especially if you are asked to slow down or stop.
- does not speed up as you go past the horse, or immediately after you’ve gone through in which.
- Riders, make sure the horse can be easily observed. wraps fluorescent leg of the horse will be particularly effective.
- ride in 1 file when traffic needs to pass therefore ensure in which there will be a lot of space, as well as cars go past.
- a ‘thank you’ for the driver to do the courtesy goes a long way to ensure in which the next horse as well as rider meet will get the same treatment.
safety of GEM’s newsletter, produced with the help of the British Horse Society, which will be available free of charge via the Internet or via GEM Office (call 01 342 825 676).
GEM follow on Twitter MotoringAssist for the latest industry news.
by Mr. candy through articles cars