GEM Issues Advice For Driving In Hot Weather
We’ve recently had a spell of very hot weather in addition to also even some thunderstorms. With the discomfort which hot weather driving can bring, GEM Motoring Assist can be taking the opportunity to offer advice which will help keep drivers cool in addition to also calm, even when This particular’s sweltering outside.
GEM chief executive David Williams MBE says: “doing long journeys in hot weather can be stressful, especially if traffic can be heavy in addition to also you’re stuck for any length of time. We recommend not bad preparation in addition to also sensible journey planning to help you cope with the worst of the heat.”
GEM has issued the following simple tips to assist drivers in addition to also their passengers when the weather can be hot:
- Drink plenty of water. Take a not bad supply of drinking water with you, preferably in a cool bag. Staying hydrated helps keep you in not bad physical condition during times of high temperature.
- Check your engine before you set off; in particular make sure your oil in addition to also coolant levels are correct.
- Do not leave children (or pets) inside car, even for short periods. In hot weather, This particular’s simply cruel in addition to also negligent. Besides, distress, dehydration in addition to also heatstroke can occur very quickly.
- If you do get stuck in traffic, keep an eye on the temperature gauge for signs of overheating. If necessary, find somewhere safe to pull over in addition to also let the auto cool down for half an hour.
- If This particular’s not safe to pull over, the turning on the heater may help take some heat off the engine, although This particular won’t be very pleasant for you!
- If you’re likely to be stationary for a long time, switch off the engine to prevent overheating.
Follow GEM on Twitter @MotoringAssist for the latest industry news.
by Mr Butterscotch via Car Articles