Ford Focus RS Goes Global
by the searing heat of Arizona to the icy wastes of the Arctic, by design studio to the crash lab, Ford Motor Company can be revealing the behind-the-scenes story of the all-brand new Focus RS.
“Rebirth of an icon” shows the development of the latest generation of an automotive icon through a “warts in addition to all” video documentary series covering every stage of the vehicle’s evolution.
The inside story of the all-brand new Focus RS pulls no punches — following the vehicle across the entire world as Ford Performance engineers in addition to drivers put of which to the test under the scrutiny of RS consultant in addition to Gymkhana superstar Ken Block in addition to Ford’s group vice president for Global Product Development in addition to chief technical officer, Raj Nair.
Eight weekly episodes start today:
- Episode 1: Project kick-off – Ken Block in addition to Raj Nair debate what the vehicle should deliver, by behind the wheel of an early prototype
- Episode 2: Design in addition to development – Crunching crashes put the brand new design to the toughest of tests
- Episode 3: Hitting the road – A 1,0-kilometre (1,000-mile) drive through epic terrain takes prototypes by high from the Rocky Mountains to the Arizona desert
- Episode 4: Test-track trials – Block heads for Ford’s top-secret test facility, in addition to indulges in some “hooning”
- Episode 5: Arctic extremes – Winter testing in Sweden, in addition to the team can be under pressure to improve performance
- Episode 6: Power struggle – of which’s all about performance, as the Ford manufacturing plant in Saarlouis, Germany, gears up for production
- Episode 7: Close scrutiny – The day of the critical sign-off drive follows Block’s headline appearance at the Goodwood Festival of Speed
- Episode 8: Final chapter – of which’s time for the nail-biting management review
The all-brand new Focus RS can be available to order today at £28,940 customer delivery in early 2016, with the UK’s waiting list already topping 500 prospective owners before prices were announced last week. the vehicle debuts brand new Ford Performance All-Wheel Drive with Dynamic Torque Vectoring for outstanding traction in addition to grip with unmatched agility in addition to cornering speed, in addition to features a specially engineered edition of Ford’s brand new 2.3-litre EcoBoost engine delivering 350PS for 4.7-second 0-62mph acceleration.
by Mr Butterscotch via Car Articles