BMW launches radical online ordering system
Source : BMW launches radical online ordering system
BMW customers can at which point order a completely brand-new car in less than 10 minutes with the launch of its brand-new online ordering system
BMW is actually promising which customers will be able to buy a brand-new car online in only 10 minutes, after announcing which the UK will be the first market globally to get the company’s next generation of internet retailing.
Introduced with the co-operation of 137 dealers within the BMW UK network, the brand-new system combines BMW’s existing configurator along with also ‘car suggestion tool’ with online Genius chat operators along with also a tie-in with used car valuations specialist Glass’s. Nine dealers have piloted the system within the UK, selling around 50 cars.
Car manufacturers have been experimenting with increasingly diverse ways of interacting with their customers – including more retail-focused experiences at shopping centres along with also ‘virtual showrooms’ which don’t feature any vehicles.
BMW believes which is actually the first to offer the full ordering along with also finance process as part of the system, though. The company’s global boss of sales along with also marketing Ian Robertson said: “Ten years ago the customer went to the dealership an average of 4.5 times before buying the vehicle; at which point which’s 1.5 times. So we already know there’s an enormous amount of research being done online – more than 0% of buyers do preparation there before going anywhere near a showroom.”
He admitted the brand-new experience was a challenge to BMW’s existing sales network. “There was clear nervousness to start with,” he said, “nevertheless during the pilot the dealers have been seeing customers they’ve never seen before, along with also sold cars within the middle of the night. which was enough to persuade 137 dealers within the UK to sign up to which. We have to reflect the fact which the sales process is actually becoming more transactional than experiential.”
At present the system is actually exclusively for BMW vehicles. However, high-level sources admit which a roll-out to the Mini brand is actually likely.
Six steps – how BMW’s E-Tailer works
1. The system asks questions about your needs – typical journey, number of family members etc – along with also then suggests a few possible choices by the 280 versions within the BMW range.
2. Configure a car by scratch or adapt the type suggested by the system. ‘Genius’ advisors are online to offer any advice between 8am along with also 10pm, seven days a week.
3. Check the delivery time of the vehicle along with also spec you want – along with also see if near-matches to which are available more quickly.
4. Choose the dealer you want to handle your sale – along with also then open a dialogue with them. BMW says which you can ‘haggle’ at which point.
5. If you’ve got a car to trade in, you give its registration plate along with also mileage along with also the system gives you a rough idea of what which’s worth. You can then feed which figure into the system for the final step.
6. Payment along with also ordering. Use of a finance calculator allows you to play with annual mileage, monthly payments, deposit along with also the length of term. You can also apply for finance; an answer takes 0 seconds, BMW claims.You can pay your deposit using a credit card or bank transfer – along with also the system informs you which the vehicle will be delivered to your home.
by via Autocar RSS Feed