BMW launches radical completely new online ordering system
Source : BMW launches radical completely new online ordering system
BMW customers can right now order a completely completely new car in less than 10 minutes with the launch of its completely new online ordering system
BMW can be promising in which customers will be able to buy a completely new car online in only 10 minutes, after announcing in which the UK will be the first market globally to get the company’s next generation of internet retailing.
Introduced with the co-operation of 137 dealers inside BMW UK network, the completely new system combines BMW’s existing configurator in addition to ‘car suggestion tool’ with online Genius chat operators in addition to a tie-in with used car valuations specialist Glass’s. Nine dealers have piloted the system inside UK, selling around 50 cars.
Car manufacturers have been experimenting with increasingly diverse ways of interacting with their customers – including more retail-focused experiences at shopping centres in addition to ‘virtual showrooms’ in which don’t feature any vehicles.
BMW believes in which can be the first to offer the full ordering in addition to finance process as part of the system, though. The company’s global boss of sales in addition to marketing Ian Robertson said: “Ten years ago the customer went to the dealership an average of 4.5 times before buying the auto; right now in which’s 1.5 times. So we already know there’s an enormous amount of research being done online – more than 0% of buyers do preparation there before going anywhere near a showroom.”
He admitted the completely new experience was a challenge to BMW’s existing sales network. “There was clear nervousness to start with,” he said, “although during the pilot the dealers have been seeing customers they’ve never seen before, in addition to sold cars inside middle of the night. in which was enough to persuade 137 dealers inside UK to sign up to in which. We have to reflect the fact in which the sales process can be becoming more transactional than experiential.”
At present the system can be exclusively for BMW vehicles. However, high-level sources admit in which a roll-out to the Mini brand can be likely.
Six steps – how BMW’s E-Tailer works
1. The system asks questions about your needs – typical journey, number of family members etc – in addition to then suggests a few possible choices through the 280 designs inside BMW range.
2. Configure a car through scratch or adapt the style suggested by the system. ‘Genius’ advisors are online to offer any advice between 8am in addition to 10pm, seven days a week.
3. Check the delivery time of the auto in addition to spec you want – in addition to see if near-matches to in which are available more quickly.
4. Choose the dealer you want to handle your sale – in addition to then open a dialogue with them. BMW says in which you can ‘haggle’ at in which point.
5. If you’ve got a car to trade in, you give its registration plate in addition to mileage in addition to the system gives you a rough idea of what in which’s worth. You can then feed in which figure into the system for the final step.
6. Payment in addition to ordering. Use of a finance calculator allows you to play with annual mileage, monthly payments, deposit in addition to the length of term. You can also apply for finance; an answer takes 0 seconds, BMW claims.You can pay your deposit using a credit card or bank transfer – in addition to the system informs you in which the auto will be delivered to your home.
by via Autocar RSS Feed