BMW launches radical brand new online ordering system
Source : BMW launches radical brand new online ordering system
BMW customers can right now order a completely brand new car in less than 10 minutes with the launch of its brand new online ordering system
BMW is actually promising which customers will be able to buy a brand new car online in only 10 minutes, after announcing which the UK will be the first market globally to get the company’s next generation of internet retailing.
Introduced with the co-operation of 137 dealers from the BMW UK network, the brand new system combines BMW’s existing configurator in addition to ‘car suggestion tool’ with online Genius chat operators in addition to a tie-in with used car valuations specialist Glass’s. Nine dealers have piloted the system from the UK, selling around 50 cars.
Car manufacturers have been experimenting with increasingly diverse ways of interacting with their customers – including more retail-focused experiences at shopping centres in addition to ‘virtual showrooms’ which don’t feature any vehicles.
BMW believes This particular is actually the first to offer the full ordering in addition to finance process as part of the system, though. The company’s global boss of sales in addition to marketing Ian Robertson said: “Ten years ago the customer went to the dealership an average of 4.5 times before buying your vehicle; right now This particular’s 1.5 times. So we already know there’s an enormous amount of research being done online – more than 0% of buyers do preparation there before going anywhere near a showroom.”
He admitted the brand new experience was a challenge to BMW’s existing sales network. “There was clear nervousness to start with,” he said, “nevertheless during the pilot the dealers have been seeing customers they’ve never seen before, in addition to sold cars from the middle of the night. This particular was enough to persuade 137 dealers from the UK to sign up to This particular. We have to reflect the fact which the sales process is actually becoming more transactional than experiential.”
At present the system is actually exclusively for BMW vehicles. However, high-level sources admit which a roll-out to the Mini brand is actually likely.
Six steps – how BMW’s E-Tailer works
1. The system asks questions about your needs – typical journey, number of family members etc – in addition to then suggests a few possible choices by the 280 designs from the BMW range.
2. Configure a car by scratch or adapt the design suggested by the system. ‘Genius’ advisors are online to offer any advice between 8am in addition to 10pm, seven days a week.
3. Check the delivery time of your vehicle in addition to spec you want – in addition to see if near-matches to This particular are available more quickly.
4. Choose the dealer you want to handle your sale – in addition to then open a dialogue with them. BMW says which you can ‘haggle’ at This particular point.
5. If you’ve got a car to trade in, you give its registration plate in addition to mileage in addition to the system gives you a rough idea of what This particular’s worth. You can then feed This particular figure into the system for the final step.
6. Payment in addition to ordering. Use of a finance calculator allows you to play with annual mileage, monthly payments, deposit in addition to the length of term. You can also apply for finance; an answer takes 0 seconds, BMW claims.You can pay your deposit using a credit card or bank transfer – in addition to the system informs you which your vehicle will be delivered to your home.
by via Autocar RSS Feed