BMW launches radical brand new online ordering system
Source : BMW launches radical brand new online ordering system
BMW customers can currently order a completely brand new car in less than 10 minutes with the launch of its brand new online ordering system
BMW will be promising that will customers will be able to buy a brand new car online in only 10 minutes, after announcing that will the UK will be the first market globally to get the company’s next generation of internet retailing.
Introduced with the co-operation of 137 dealers from the BMW UK network, the brand new system combines BMW’s existing configurator along with ‘car suggestion tool’ with online Genius chat operators along having a tie-in with used car valuations specialist Glass’s. Nine dealers have piloted the system from the UK, selling around 50 cars.
Car manufacturers have been experimenting with increasingly diverse ways of interacting with their customers – including more retail-focused experiences at shopping centres along with ‘virtual showrooms’ that will don’t feature any vehicles.
BMW believes This specific will be the first to offer the full ordering along with finance process as part of the system, though. The company’s global boss of sales along with marketing Ian Robertson said: “Ten years ago the customer went to the dealership an average of 4.5 times before buying the automobile; currently This specific’s 1.5 times. So we already know there’s an enormous amount of research being done online – more than 0% of buyers do preparation there before going anywhere near a showroom.”
He admitted the brand new experience was a challenge to BMW’s existing sales network. “There was clear nervousness to start with,” he said, “however during the pilot the dealers have been seeing customers they’ve never seen before, along with sold cars from the middle of the night. This specific was enough to persuade 137 dealers from the UK to sign up to This specific. We have to reflect the fact that will the sales process will be becoming more transactional than experiential.”
At present the system will be exclusively for BMW vehicles. However, high-level sources admit that will a roll-out to the Mini brand will be likely.
Six steps – how BMW’s E-Tailer works
1. The system asks questions about your needs – typical journey, number of family members etc – along with then suggests a few possible choices through the 280 designs from the BMW range.
2. Configure a car through scratch or adapt the design suggested by the system. ‘Genius’ advisors are online to offer any advice between 8am along with 10pm, seven days a week.
3. Check the delivery time of the automobile along with spec you want – along with see if near-matches to This specific are available more quickly.
4. Choose the dealer you want to handle your sale – along with then open a dialogue with them. BMW says that will you can ‘haggle’ at This specific point.
5. If you’ve got a car to trade in, you give its registration plate along with mileage along with the system gives you a rough idea of what This specific’s worth. You can then feed This specific figure into the system for the final step.
6. Payment along with ordering. Use of a finance calculator allows you to play with annual mileage, monthly payments, deposit along with the length of term. You can also apply for finance; an answer takes 0 seconds, BMW claims.You can pay your deposit using a credit card or bank transfer – along with the system informs you that will the automobile will be delivered to your home.
by via Autocar RSS Feed