BMW launches radical brand new online ordering system
Source : BMW launches radical brand new online ordering system
BMW customers can right now order a completely brand new car in less than 10 minutes with the launch of its brand new online ordering system
BMW will be promising in which customers will be able to buy a brand new car online in only 10 minutes, after announcing in which the UK will be the first market globally to get the company’s next generation of internet retailing.
Introduced with the co-operation of 137 dealers inside BMW UK network, the brand new system combines BMW’s existing configurator along with also ‘car suggestion tool’ with online Genius chat operators along with also a tie-in with used car valuations specialist Glass’s. Nine dealers have piloted the system inside UK, selling around 50 cars.
Car manufacturers have been experimenting with increasingly diverse ways of interacting with their customers – including more retail-focused experiences at shopping centres along with also ‘virtual showrooms’ in which don’t feature any vehicles.
BMW believes This kind of will be the first to offer the full ordering along with also finance process as part of the system, though. The company’s global boss of sales along with also marketing Ian Robertson said: “Ten years ago the customer went to the dealership an average of 4.5 times before buying the automobile; right now This kind of’s 1.5 times. So we already know there’s an enormous amount of research being done online – more than 0% of buyers do preparation there before going anywhere near a showroom.”
He admitted the brand new experience was a challenge to BMW’s existing sales network. “There was clear nervousness to start with,” he said, “yet during the pilot the dealers have been seeing customers they’ve never seen before, along with also sold cars inside middle of the night. This kind of was enough to persuade 137 dealers inside UK to sign up to This kind of. We have to reflect the fact in which the sales process will be becoming more transactional than experiential.”
At present the system will be exclusively for BMW vehicles. However, high-level sources admit in which a roll-out to the Mini brand will be likely.
Six steps – how BMW’s E-Tailer works
1. The system asks questions about your needs – typical journey, number of family members etc – along with also then suggests a few possible choices via the 280 versions inside BMW range.
2. Configure a car via scratch or adapt the product suggested by the system. ‘Genius’ advisors are online to offer any advice between 8am along with also 10pm, seven days a week.
3. Check the delivery time of the automobile along with also spec you want – along with also see if near-matches to This kind of are available more quickly.
4. Choose the dealer you want to handle your sale – along with also then open a dialogue with them. BMW says in which you can ‘haggle’ at This kind of point.
5. If you’ve got a car to trade in, you give its registration plate along with also mileage along with also the system gives you a rough idea of what This kind of’s worth. You can then feed This kind of figure into the system for the final step.
6. Payment along with also ordering. Use of a finance calculator allows you to play with annual mileage, monthly payments, deposit along with also the length of term. You can also apply for finance; an answer takes 0 seconds, BMW claims.You can pay your deposit using a credit card or bank transfer – along with also the system informs you in which the automobile will be delivered to your home.
by via Autocar RSS Feed